This is a great loan choice when you are planning to make a large, one-time purchase, or if you prefer the stability of a loan with fixed monthly payments for a specific length of time.
- Competitive rates – much lower than credit cards
- Rate and payment remain the same for the life of the loan
- One-quarter percent (¼%) rate reduction with automatic payment from a First State Bank account
- May be fully tax deductible*
- Borrow up to 85% of your home's value
- Minimum loan amount is $5,000 and maximum is $250,000
- No application fee, closing costs, annual fee or pre-payment penalty
- Convenient payment options: automatic deduction from any First State Bank checking or savings account (which may reduce your interest rate), Online Banking, or any First State Bank ATM or night depository
Current Rates: As of October 8, 2015
Visit our Mortgage Center to apply online.
|Term in Months
||Annual Percentage Rates as low as: 1
||Monthly Payment 1
|Up to 60
Annual fee: $0
Rates listed require automatic payment from a First State Bank account, otherwise rates are .25% higher.
* Consult your tax advisor regarding tax deductibility.
1 Home equity rates and payments are based upon: loan secured by single family home; loan amount of $25,000; loan-to-value ratio of 85%; debt-to-income ratio is 42% or less; excellent credit history; maximum term; automatic loan payment from a First State Bank account; payments do not include amounts for taxes or insurance premiums, if applicable, and actual payment obligation may be greater and will vary based upon individual situations and current rates. Property insurance required, flood insurance may be required. Subject to credit approval and satisfactory appraisal or evaluation by qualified appraiser. A property tax service fee in the amount of $75.00 is required at closing. First Mortgage lien position are required to have escrow for taxes and insurance.
The federal fair lending laws are a group of laws that prohibit discrimination in credit transactions, including transactions related to residential real estate. These laws include the Fair Housing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Community Reinvestment Act, and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
In accordance with the fair lending laws, First State Bank is committed to promoting fair housing choice and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race or color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, lawful source of income, familial status, handicap, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) is a federal law designed to enhance consumer protection and reduce fraud in the mortgage lending industry. The SAFE Act requires that all individual mortgage loan originators or MLOs be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry, or NMLS.