The Loan Originators job is to fulfill the needs of the customer looking to obtain a residential mortgage to complete the purchase or refinance of a 1- 4 family home.
- Listen to the needs of a borrower to recommend the proper financing product
- Maintain knowledge of the various loan products and of processing the loan
- Maintain knowledge of policies and regulations in the mortgage lending field
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Conventional and FHA Loans required
- One to two years related job experience
- Customer service experience
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver's License with a good driving record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously
- Negotiating, networking and supervisory skills
- Ability to work independently
- High School Diploma or GED
This position is commission based
Schedule: Hours will vary
Pre-employment Drug Screening Requirement
First State Bank has a vital interest in maintaining safe, healthful and efficient working conditions for its employees and customers. As such, all applicants considered for employment with First State Bank must successfully complete a drug screening evaluation prior to employment.
Pre-employment Credit Verification Requirement
In connection with your application for employment, First State Bank may obtain consumer reports concerning you for purposes relating to your potential employment. If 25% or more of your accounts are in "poor standing" per our source, Employment Insight, consideration for employment will be denied. If this occurs, you will be notified of your right to obtain a free Employment Insight Profile Report within 60 days.