Doing Right. Right Here.
First State Bank is proud to celebrate 95 years of being local and loyal - a true community bank that is deeply committed to the success of our friends, families and businesses. Since 1917, we've grown alongside our neighbors as an anchor in our community by providing financial expertise and a helping hand.
Now more than ever, it's important to support our community. When you act locally, you're jump-starting a momentum that keeps shops, banks and restaurants open, and schools and organizations thriving. By banking with us, you're making the greatest investment of all - in your community.
You can help by dining at a local restaurant, selecting locally grown produce, visiting a local attraction, choosing Michigan-made products, in addition to banking with your hometown bank.
Small changes. Big impact.
Even small changes add up when you act locally. Consider the facts:
- For every $100 spent at a locally-owned business, $68 stays in the local economy compared to only $43 if spent at a national chain.*
- A 10% shift in market share from chains to locals could result in: Nearly $140 million in new economic activity, over 1,600 new jobs, and providing over $50 million in new wages.*
- If each household in Michigan shifted just $10 of weekly spending to Michigan products, more than $37 million per week would be poured back into our state's economy.**
- Each time $1 enters our local economy, it is spent an average of 3-7 more times before it ever leaves the state.**
Show your support for our state! Log on to these websites to find more information about Michigan-based products and services:***
We thank you for supporting Michigan and for making us your hometown bank. If there is anything we can help you with, please visit one of our convenient branch locations or simply call our Customer Service Center for more information.
* Source: Anderson Study of Retail Economics, Chicago, IL
** Source: www.buymichigannow.com
*** First State Bank does NOT (a) make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of the links provided; (b) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, information, apparatus, or product available; or (c) control, approve, recommend or endorse the views expressed or the information, products or services contained therein. First State Bank is NOT responsible for the privacy practices of any linked website or their privacy or security policies.