We are committed to safeguarding your information. Here are the steps we have taken and you need to take to secure your information.
We are strongly committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of our customer account information via Online Banking. We use state-of-the-art technology to ensure this security. We use several different methods to protect your account information.
- You can only access Online Banking with certain browsers that have a high security standard using 128-bit encryption. A secured connection to Online banking is verified by various symbols that are displayed on your web browser, depending on your particular ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Our web server does not connect directly to the Internet. It is buffered from the Internet through the use of a firewall. All access from outside the Bank must go through and be validated by this firewall before gaining access.
- Your account numbers are not displayed in full – only the last 4 digits can be viewed, as well as the option to assign account "nicknames" to your accounts.
- You must have a valid user code and password to logon. More than three (3) invalid logon attempts will "lock you out" from Online Banking and a password reset will be required by the Bank.
- If no action is taken for 30 minutes, you will be automatically logged off from Online Banking.
- Not to give out your identity information (such as your code and password) to any other person. The Bank may rely on your user code to identify you when providing assistance to you.
- Never to leave your account information displayed in an area accessible by others.
- Never to leave your PC unattended while using Online Banking.
- To always exit the system by clicking on Logoff after using Online Banking.
- To notify First State Bank's Internet Banking Department at (866) 372-1275 immediately if you suspect that your user code and password has become known to any authorized person.
A Word about Links...
As a courtesy to our customers, we may offer links to non-First State Bank websites from time to time. These links are offered only as pointers to sources of information that may be of interest to you. First State Bank is not responsible for the content of such sites, as we have no control over what is displayed there. Use of links to any non-First State Bank site is solely at the user's own risk.
If you have any questions concerning the security features listed above, please contact us.