Responsible for evaluating mortgage loan applications and documentation.
- Review all files for required application disclosures
- Verify employment and review paystubs, tax returns and VOE's; compare to original application
- Determine source of funds for down payment, closing costs and reserves listed on application
- Verify proper documentation of gift funds with appropriate documentation
- Review appraisals to ensure value is supported according to Secondary Market guidelines
- Issue approval or denial letter within 30 days of application
- Ensure all approval conditions are met for the investor and the loan closes prior to rate lock expiration
- Review title commitment for all required conditions to obtain first lien position and compare the legal with appraisal and survey
- Other duties as assigned
- Four to six years job related experience
- Customer service experience
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously
- Good attention to detail and confident ability to make decisions
- Ability to work independently
- High School diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Real Estate appraisal course work
- Specialized training in computer operating systems, Microsoft Windows/Office and in bank technology
Pre-employment Drug Screening Requirement
First State Bank has a vital interest in maintaining safe, healthful and efficient working conditions for its employees and customers. As such, all applicants considered for employment with First State Bank must successfully complete a drug screening evaluation prior to employment.
Pre-employment Credit Verification Requirement
In connection with your application for employment, First State Bank may obtain consumer reports concerning you for purposes relating to your potential employment. If 25% or more of your accounts are in "poor standing" per our source, Employment Insight, consideration for employment will be denied. If this occurs, you will be notified of your right to obtain a free Employment Insight Profile Report within 60 days.
First State Bank in an equal employment opportunity employer. EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V